PLEASE See the Information below Before Applying To Volunteer For Project Playback:
Project Playback is a community service organization that works with seniors living in local nursing facilities, using music therapy to awaken the minds and enhance the mental, social, and emotional wellbeing of residents affected by Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia. Volunteers work one on one with residents, establishing personal relationships and getting to know each individual’s musical preferences.
We are recruiting highly motivated young adults who possess the maturity, responsibility, independence, and compassion to effectively interact with the elderly residents we serve. Applicants should be comfortable working with seniors affected by dementia and have a desire to improve the lives of residents by connecting with them through music.
- Age 13-18
- Successful completion of required training program
- Available for 90-minute sessions at least once a week after school
- Willing to commit to at least one year of weekly service
- Comfortable interacting with senior citizens with dementia
- Self-directed and reliable
- Ability to use iPod and MP3 technology with residents
- Ability to provide own transportation to and from volunteer location
Please Watch The Video Below to Learn More About Project Playback
Click the button below to access the application for Project Playback. Once we have processed your application, you will be contacted by a member of the Project Playback Leadership Team. If you have any questions regarding volunteering with Project Playback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org