How To Start An Ipod Drive...
This is a step by step guide on how to begin an iPod drive in your own community.
- Choose a central location in your community to collect the iPods. This could be your church, your school, the town/city hall, or the library - just anywhere that is easily accessible and that many people go to.
- Get a box or container to collect the donated iPods. Find a location within the building you choose that will be safe and secure.
- Get The Word Out! Make posters, post to social media. Make sure to reach as many people as possible. Large, clear, posters work great in central locations like the post office, school, town/city hall, library, church, or community center. Also, contact us through the Contact Us tab so that we can publicize your iPod drive on our own social media accounts. The more the word is spread, the more iPods you can collect.
- Wait. Make sure to give it time for people to find their old iPods, and to get to your collection location. Having your drive over a span of about a month will make sure that people have the time to get their iPods to you. If you want, check in every once and a while to see how many iPods you have gotten.
- After the drive is complete, mail the iPods to Laurie Ellis at 60 Thompson Rd., Kennebunk, Maine 04043. If you would like to begin a Project Playback program in your community, write us a note, and we will designate them for a new program in your area. Also, include an email address or telephone number in the box so we can contact you to confirm that we have received the iPods. Thank you so much for helping us to reach many more patients with Alzheimer's or dementia.
Quick Tutorial Videos...
There are no videos posted yet. Check back soon for posted content about tips on how to set up an iPod Drive!